Where is Signs Discovery today ?
The operational features are :
- a written language -> sign language translator,
- a reverse sign language –> written language translator,
- the lesson module,
- the test module,
- the writing module,
- the training module.
Depending on the funds collected, the development of the following modules is planned, knowing that the design has been completed:
- the Exercises module intended to record via webcam the signer for a deferred evaluation with a teacher,
- the Courses module is an extension of the lessons module which generalises the lessons to all types of knowledge including professional knowledge,
- the MCQ module (Multiple Choice Questionnaire),
- The Certification module offers a combination of lessons and tests with the possibility of producing a certificate
- The ‘Business Game’ module is designed to offer team challenges based on problems of varying complexity with intermediate stages and the acquisition of corresponding points. All the elements covered are in sign language.
All these modules are in sign language and in written language.
In 2023, it is planned to contact institutions to evaluate the opportunity of deploying Sings Discovery in collaboration with one of them.
Sings Discovery is used in two specialised schools of the Ministry of Education in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap.
The other 3 schools are scheduled to be progressively equipped by the end of 2022 and 2023.
Contact with the Lao Association and the Ministry of Education will be reactivated in 2023.
Niger and Mali: the project has been suspended due to security problems.
Contacts are underway with Finland and Poland.
Cuba: after a first contact and in spite of a marked interest of the deaf teachers, the project will not be continued mainly because of the poor quality of Internet in this country.